The Hotel Auersperg is located in the time-honoured Salzburg district of Schallmoos which was already cultivated under the patronage of the Archbishop Paris Lodron at the beginning of the 17th century.


In the 18th century, a number of villas and country seats were acquired by the final drying out of the fens. After the dismantling of the fortress walls between the gates Mirabelltor and Linzertor in the year 1866, there was nothing left to stand in the way of city expansion. A decisive contribution to the erection of Schallmoos was made by the building firm of the Ceconi family from the Friuli region.


The company founder Valentin Ceconi erected around 1870 in Auerspergstraße a villa for Count Thun, which he then acquired for his family. The Hotel Auersperg opposite was also erected in its original neorennaissance state by Ceconi.


Historical view of the Hotel Auersperg in Salzburg