The Hohensalzburg Fortress, landmark of the Mozart city, is the largest completely preserved fortress of Central Europe. It was built by Archbishop Gebhard in the year 1077 and expanded by Archbishop Leonhard of Keutschach (1495-1519). Especially worth seeing are the medieval princely chambers and the fortress museum. Since 1892, the Hohensalzburg Fortress may be reached comfortably by cable car from the Festungsgasse.
Tel. +43 (0) 662 842430-11